If you want to simply demonstrate the brittleness of life — even in the twentieth century — here are a few quick and simple examples . . .
- The Covid-19 pandemic (of course) and its many ramifications / changes
— working from home
— court battles over religious freedom and assembly
— masks — or no masks
— desolate streets
— shopping market shortages
— medical equipment shortages
— remarkable vaccine development
— shut down of stores, businesses, and industries
— the streaming of church services
— et al.
- The Suez Canal debacle — one ship blocked the entire flow of shipping traffic.
- The national elections and all of its events & ramifications
- The death Of Ruth Ginsberg and a new Supreme Court justice
- Significant decline in sport watching
- News & Journalism censorship
- Only the second time in recorded history the alphabetical list of hurricane names was used up – moved to the supplementary list of Greek letter names.
- The sudden and shocking rise of “cancel culture” and “wokeism.”
- The death of George Floyd
- The sudden rise of cryptocurrency
- Game Stop & Robinhood’s financial impact on major hedge funds
- Swarms of Locusts in Asia-East Africa-India-Middle East
- California wildfires — 30,00 acres / 90,000 people evacuated
- The hack of the Colonial pipelines and its impact on gasoline availability and prices
- The sudden rise of inflation to over 4% — food / gas / housing prices all significantly up
- The rise of immigration — legal and illegal
- The rapid increase of streaming services
- Calls for defunding the police
- Death of Rush Limbaugh
- Death of Kobe Bryant — airplane crash