Where: In the United States, commercial air space / (5G has already been deployed in Europe.)
When: Was to be deployed by Verizon and ATT January 2020
What: The New 5G Band Cell Phone Technology
- The simple issue: There is a risk of deadly interference! How do we ensure that the mobile wireless 5G Band does not interfere with the aviation Band? can they safely coexist this close together?
- They typically mounted radar altimeters on the underside of the airplane.
- The altimeter transmits a radio signal to the ground, which then bounces back to indicate the airplane’s location above the ground.
- The altimeter measures the amount of time it takes for that signal to bounce back in milliseconds — multiple times a second.
- The accuracy of the measurement of how far above the ground an airplane is is dependent on that signal not experiencing any interference.
- The altimeter signal operates on a frequency between 4.2 – 4.4 GHz (gig-a-hertz) / 4200-4400 MegaHertz.
- The new 5G cell phone frequency operates between 3.7 – 3.98 GHz
- The 3.99- 4.19 GHz frequency is a “separation guard band” designed to remain unused to provide a separation between 5G and airplane altimeters.
- The altimeter is not only vital to an airplane’s safety when low-visibility conditions exist, but inaccurate or totally erroneous altimeter readings affect at least 20 other operating functions of an airplane — traffic alert, collision avoidance, wind shear detection, autothrottle, thrust reverses, stick shaker, engine and wing anti-ice systems, auto flight control, terrain awareness warning, et al.
- Lowering the power of the 5G signal does provide greater safety to airplane flight.
- New altimeters, with newer technology, are being installed on airplanes.
- As we all know, radio frequencies can drift over and outside of their assigned frequencies.
“Randall Berry, an electrical engineering professor at Northwestern University explained, “The underlying issue here is that radio signals cannot be perfectly confined to their assigned frequency band and will result in some energy being transmitted in neighboring bands.” He adds, “Also, radio receivers cannot perfectly filter out the signals transmitted in neighboring bands and so will receive some out-of-band interference. Both of these effects result in interference from a neighboring band.” — allaboutcircuits
Key Biblical Thoughts:
- hearer’s only
- lust of the flesh
- lust of the eyes
- pride of life
Sermonic Example: There are several distinct ways to use illustrative material.
(use whatever you find useful in the above details)
. . . . When the altimeter is inaccurate, when you don’t know how high you are above the ground . . . and with mountains around you – – – – the results are deadly!
There are two frequencies operating inside of us after we are saved. The Spirit of God has provided a separation between those two frequencies, but the one still drifts over to the spiritual altimeter and it can be deadly — just ask King David in this account with the King Achish, King of Gath! . . . . .
“Two Natures beat within my breast
The one is foul, the other is blessed
The one I Iove, the other I hate
The one I feed will dominate.”
Other Information & Links: