Read Outside Of Your Interest Or Field
“also he hath set the world in their heart”
Creatures are not born with desires unless satisfaction for those desires exists. A baby feels hunger: well, there is such a thing as food. A duckling wants to swim: well, there is such a thing as water…If I find in myself a desire, which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world. – C.S. Lewis
Who: Prince Rogers Nelson
- Born June 7, 1958
- In Minneapolis,, Minnesota
- Parents and Musicians: Mattew Shaw and John Nelson
- Signed his first record contract in 1978 — at the age of 20
- Often played 27 instruments himself when recording his albums.
- Recorded 30 albums
- Won 7 Grammy Awards
- A 40-year Career
When: April 21, 2016
- Died from an opioid overdose
- October 2016 — “Prince’s estate some more albums than any other artist that year, dead or alive.” 
- President Obama said, “Few artists have influenced the sound and trajectory of popular music more distinctly, or touched quite so many people with their talent.” 
Key Illustrative Thoughts:
- the Gospel
(include whatever detail you find useful)
His name was Prince Rogers Nelson. He was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota in 1958 and by the time he was 20 had reached fame and fortune that few 20-year-olds ever attain!
If you want proof — again — that fame, fortune, attainment, recognition, talent, or success does not satisfy, you only need to read about the life of “Prince” who died from an opioid overdose — fentanyl — at the age of 57. He was found dead in his studio. He played 27 different instruments and played all of them on his albums himself. Talent — was to this day — unmatched in Funk/R&B/Rock/Punk music.
Add Prince to the list of examples –( Michael Jackson, Jimmy Hendrix, Judy Garland, Lenny Bruce, Keith Moon, Len Bias, Bubba Smith, Christian Onassis, Clark Gable, Kenny Williams,) — the proof that nothing in this world will ever replace the void that God has put into the human heart that can only be filled by a cross. The Lord never created a world that has anything in it that can fill the void. If anything else could fill that void — then you wouldn’t need Jesus — God’s Son.
Other Information & Links: