. . . . .
When: Watch live (link) this morning / Today – 9:00 a.m. ET / July 20, 2021
Who: The world’s richest’s man – Jeff Bezos, of Blue Origin
Where: Van Horn, Texas
How: The spacecraft seats six people
- The “New Shepard” spaceship — named after Alan Shepard
- Length: The flight will last about 11 minutes
- Sets new record — Virgin Galactic launched an altitude of 53.5 miles, and today’s flight should reach 62 miles in altitude, past the Karman line, at the end of what is deemed “outer space.”
- There have been 15 previous “test” missions.
- There have been “three successful escape tests, showing the crew escape system can activate safely in any phase of flight.”
- “It has never launched and landed with humans inside.”
- “. . . . this is still an inherently risky purchase because rockets blow up sometimes. Just ask Elon Musk, whose Starship rocket prototypes explode all the time — this rocket is supposed to take humans to Mars one day. “
- Six seats and each seat designed with a 2.4 x 3.6 window on space.
- Each seat has been auctioned, and the going price is around $220,000
. . . . .
Key Biblical Thoughts:
- Creation: The sun, the moon, and the stars also
- Image of God
- Power of God
- Infinity of God
- Imagination: Eye has not seen, ear has not heard, neither has entered into the heart of man
- The smallness of mankind: Who is man that Thou art mindful of him
- Human limitations
- The Incarnation
- Transcendence: The mysteries of God
- Psalm 19
- life & death
. . . . .
(Include whatever details you find useful)
And listen to this! Each seat has a 2.4 X 3.6-foot window!
Approximately a 2×4 window at the edge of space to view the earth and whatever they can see in the surrounding vastness of the universe! AND you have a total of 11 minutes from launch to return! AND the cost is approximately $200 thousand a person. AND it is not without RISK! This is the first time people have been carried in this spacecraft! Each person knows the risk of life and death and paid for the opportunity that they might die!
And some of God’s people in America are silent; some find it difficult to launch out and share their faith in Christ! We, as Americans, who face virtually no real risk of life and death, given a massive window on the world and where time and space are all headed, as children of the light, with little to no cost to speak the name of Jesus .. . . we are silent!
Other Information & Links:
116 years later / comparison:
“The Wright 1904 Flyer
“Having achieved success in North Carolina, the Wright brothers decided to continue their experiments closer to home. They built and flew their second powered airplane at Huffman Prairie, a pasture eight miles east of Dayton, Ohio. Progress was slow without the strong, steady winds of Kitty Hawk, but the brothers did achieve the first circular flight of an airplane on September 20, 1904. This first complete circle flight lasted only 1 minute 36 seconds and covered 1,244 meters. Stability problems still plagued the Wright brothers’ invention. The modifications made during 1904 helped but did not solve the stability problem.” — https://www.nasa.gov/audience/foreducators/k-4/features/F_Wright_Brothers_Story.html