There is a reason that some preachers . . . .
- are easier to listen to than others
- nationally known
- locally attract more interest and attention
- are listened to and read by so many
- tellingly speak to the mind and heart
- are more effective!
It is the same reason that some . . . .
- books and authors are so well known
- bloggers have so many followers
- figures on the national scene are heard and read by so many
- talking heads are tuned in by so many
- salespeople are more successful
- political spokesman are followed
- college & university professors’ classes are chosen
- paid speakers attract the audience and compensation they do
- past social leaders are still being quoted 
It is not that all these individuals do not “communicate,” but it is because some have come to understand that . . . .
Communication is not you talking!
Communication is far more than that.
Perhaps, to be more clear — Effective communication is not you talking!
Grumble all you want about this-or-that Bible pastor-preacher  because you disagree with them theologically or “practice-ly.” Nevertheless, they are not only biblical preachers, but effective preachers- communicators. One would do well to be curious enough as to ask the question — why!*
They understand that “effective communication is far more than talking!”
May I suggest again that knowing what the passage teaches is typically not the hard work of preaching. If, after a few years of being a believer, laymen and women can read the Scriptures daily, and know what most passages are teaching, so can a preacher! The hard part, with most passages, involves — How to effectively drive home the truth of the passage to the minds and hearts of God’s people! That’s the “gift” — to edify & build!
There are many good and great Bible scholars and students, but not all have the gift of effectively communicating the truths and principles of Scripture!
Start Here: Curious As To Why!
. . . .
1. Martin Luther King’s speech, “I Have A Dream,” is just one example. “Give Me Liberty” by Patrick Henry is another masterful speech!
2. Some chose to denounce men like Andy Stanley or Steven Furtick as heretics (nonsensical — They do not deny the foundational truths of the Gospel! Rather, they are graduates of well-known biblical seminaries and agree with the foundational truths taught in those schools ). Nevertheless, some of the same critics are seemingly uncurious as to what makes them so effective!