- Geodetic north (or geographic north) is the direction along Earth’s surface towards the geographic North Pole and is determined by the convergence of Earth longitudinal lines.
- Magnetic north is where your compass would point. It is the “Magnetic North Pole.”
- The Magnetic North Pole is moving; it moves because the Earth’s core causes the Earth’s magnetic field.
- “Earth’s magnetic field is generated by molten iron in its outer core. The flow of this liquid iron can influence the location of the planet’s magnetic poles.” 
- “The magnetic North Pole moves in loops of up to 50 miles (80 km) per day. But its actual location, an average of all these loops, is also moving at around 25 miles a year. In the last 150 years only, the magnetic pole has wandered a total of about 685 miles.” 
- “From 1999 to 2005, Earth’s magnetic north pole went from shifting 9 miles at most each year to as much as 37 miles in a year. 
- Following your compass will not get you to the geographic north pole. In 2017, the magnetic north pole fell within 240 miles of the geographic north pole.
Key Biblical Thoughts:
- the Scriptures
- Biblical inspiration
- precepts, ordinances, statues
- the 10 Commandments
- false prophets
- God’s Will
- the Bible writers
- He will direct your paths
(use whatever information and details you might find useful)
You have probably heard the phrase “True North.” It was a metaphor used to speak of certainty. You could count on it because it was “True North.”
- Companies have been named “True North.”
- Movies and books have been titled “True North.”
- Leadership seminars and books have used that phrase.
- Alfred Lord Tennyson used that term to refer to Canada.
- “True North” was used to name a gold mine in Fairbanks, Alaska. .
- That phrase was used to name boats, ships, horses, television shows, and more.
“True North” is an exact location on our planet. It is an actual location based on where the geographical lines of longitude converge.
While the “Magnetic North” constantly moves, True North is always the same. The magnetic north has been moving for decades because of Earth’s iron core flux. That flux changes the actual magnetic location you see on a compass. Following the pointing arrow on a compass will not get you to what is called “True North.” You will be off by hundreds of miles.
That is why “geographical north” is called “True North.” It never moves! This world’s magnetic north moves, but not so with what we call “True North.”
The Bible is the “True North” for direction in life and living . . . . .
Other Information & Links:
1. “The Magnetic North Pole Is Rapidly Moving Because of Some Blobs” –https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/environment/a32496561/why-magnetic-north-pole-moving/?source=nl&utm_source=nl_pop&utm_medium=email&date=020722&utm_campaign=nl26584297&utm_term=AAA%20–%20High%20Minus%20Dormant%20and%2090%20Day%20Non%20Openers
“Tampa airport runways renumbered due to magnetic north movement.”