Who: Walter Disney — Walter Elias Disney, born on December 5 1901 in Chicago Illinois
- His family moved to Missouri where he spent most of my childhood. 
- Even as a young boy he was interested in art and sold drawings to his neighbours to make money. 
- “During the Depression I produced “Snow White and the Seven Dwarves” which was the first full length animated musical and in the next five years I also produced “Dumbo”, “Bambi”, and “Pinocchio”. I became a television producer in 1954 and used television as a means to entertain. My motion picture “Mary Poppins” mixed life actors with cartoons. ” 
- “My dream amusement park Disneyland opened in 1955 in California, a place for children to take rides and meet Disney characters. I have plans to open a new theme park in Florida but unfortunately I have been diagnosed with lung cancer. ” 
- “1966- Walter Disney died December 15 in Burbank, California, United States.” 
When: July 1955
- “In the summer of 1951, TV personality Art Linkletter took a trip to Copenhagen with Walt Disney. Walking around the Tivoli Gardens amusement park, he spots Walt, writing. “I asked him what he was doing, and he replied, ‘I’m just making notes about something that I’ve always dreamed of – a great, great playground…’”
Where: Anaheim, California
- Originally built on 160 acres of orange groves in Anaheim, California
- “When Disneyland opened, its drinking fountains were dry and its asphalt was ‘still a little soft’. But in Walt’s mind, Disneyland would never be completed. As he would famously go on to say, “It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world.” And it has. While parts of Disneyland (in part for posterity) have remained intact, over the years, its landscape has changed dramatically. New attractions, rides and lands have been added, and others, rebuilt or simply replaced.”
- “When Frontierland was first being built in 1954, Westerns were at the height of popularity. “
- “In 2019, much of Frontierland looks set to be replaced by the debut of Star Wars Land.”
Walt Disney Quotes:
- All the adversity I’ve had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me… You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
- There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.
- Disneyland is a work of love. We didn’t go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money.
- We allow no geniuses around our Studio.
- Whenever I go on a ride, I’m always thinking of what’s wrong with the thing and how it can be improved.
- The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.
Key Biblical Thoughts:
- seizing the time
- brevity of life
Sermonic Example: There are several distinct ways that one can use illustrative material. You could take any one of his quotes from above and use it as described in our previous post.
(use whatever you find useful in the above details)
Other Information & Facts:
1. 1. This is the only autobiographical acccount by Walt Disney: http://waaltdisney.weebly.com/autobiography.html